Sunday, November 13, 2005

Jonathan Brandis.. Gone But Not Forgotten.

I am here at my computer at 4 o'clock in the morning and I have been crying again. I have been pouring over articles and pictures of the late actor JB. Nov 12, 2003 was the date Jonathan Gregory Brandis died. He was 27.
This year I turned 27. It makes me think.
Yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary of his death.
We never know why people who commit suicide decide to take their life. We just know it hurts those that are left behind. There are so many articles about why he did what he did, but it doesn't make it any easier. He was one of my favorite childhood actors growing up, among Wil Wheaton, Devon Sawa, and Corey Feldman and Corey Haim.
One article I read mentioned Wil Wheaton talking about him :

Former child actor Wil Wheaton, who co-starred with River Phoenix in the cult classic film, "Stand By Me," and had an early career much like Brandis', even to the point that, like Brandis, he had a role on a sci-fi TV series, wrote of his pain at the news of Brandis' suicide on his internet Weblog last week. "I know how hard it is to make the transition from child to adult actor. I know how merciless Hollywood is. I know the pain, frustration and depression that he must have felt. I know it intimately. The thing is, if I'd turned right instead of left, if I'd taken the elevator instead of the stairs, if I'd chosen differently when faced with one of those 1 or 0 decisions, that could be me you're reading about today," Wheaton wrote. Almost 100 written responses from Wheaton fans were also posted on the Weblog in response to Wheaton's remarks. "I am sadder about it than I expected. The worst is to think in how much pain he must have been to make a choice like that, and that he was alone with it," one wrote.

We will always miss you and you will forever be in our hearts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Disasterpiece said...

You don't know me, but I was checking out Wheaton's exiled blog and noticed your comment about it being 2 years since Jonathan Brandis passed away.

I just wanted to say that I found it very touching that you took the time to remind us about how very sad it is that he took his own life. I was also one of his fans and can remember how shocked and saddened I was when I heard about his suicide.

Rest in Peace, Jonathan. You will live on in our hearts and memories forever.

Sun Nov 13, 05:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger Misty said...

Thanks for the comment.
Much appreciated :)

Sun Nov 13, 09:10:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Poker Championship

I was registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event was powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 4951647



Online Poker

I was registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 6667883