Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Holidays Descend Upon Us

As the time draws closer to Christmas, I have felt what most of us feel at this time of year. The stress, the anxiety, the depression that settles in and weighs upon the mind. The time of family coming and going, and the little ones giggling with delight. Tomorrow will be Christmas Day. A time of goodwill to men, sharing, and caring. Remember the reason for the season.
It's all so cliche, yet true. As my son develops the 'gimmes' , I try to talk to him about why we give gifts, that it represents the giving of gifts by the wisemen to the newborn Jesus. I try to tell him the story of that night, of sacrifice, and love.
I won't know if I succeed at this, instilling in my son the values I try myself to show, until he has grown up into a man. I can only remember how he is right now. This will probably be my last post this year until 2006. I need time to soak it all in, and then let it all out. As well all do our own ritual end of year practices. So from my family to yours, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and HAPPY NEW YEAR. As I have lost people I loved last year and this year, please try to tell your loved ones how much they truly mean to you.
You never know when they last time you see them and talk to them will be, until it is too late. GOD BLESS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Poker Championship

I was registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event was powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 4951647



Online Poker

I was registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 6667883