Learning the fate of my back condition.
I had an MRI done and it showed I had a few ruptured discs in my spine
between my L1 and L5 vertebraes. My mom and I were sent to a neurosurgeon in Nashville, TN for more evaluation.
It was a very short visit like all typical doctor visits. I was hoping he would talk with me about surgery. He wants that as a last resort. Instead, he wants to try spinal steroid injections into my back before surgery, which well be the last resort. I really don't know what is happening right now.
We are waiting for their contact here in town to schedule the first series
of injections. If they do not work, the doc will do the surgery possible removing several of the ruptured discs. His main concern is the really big ruptured one at the bottom of my spine. I have been in less pain, thank god for small favors. I am still unable to walk very well without the aid of crutches or the wheelchair. So now it's wait and see.
Thanks to all my friends who have wished me luck with the procedure
and the caring support and wishing for me to get better.